You really can't go wrong with a homemade burrito, especially one filled with your favorite breakfast ingredients. So here's what you'll need to make a healthy breakfast burrito this upcoming weekend. It will leave you feeling satisfied for hours and guilt-free!
- Brown rice tortilla or sprouted tortilla like Ezekiel brand
- Organic, free-range eggs (can scramble or cook over-medium)
- Coconut oil to cook the eggs in
- If you NEED cheese- Use organic mozzarella or be brave and try a vegan cheese like Daiya brand
California B-fast Burrito Fillers-
- Tempeh bacon (found at health markets like Whole Foods or Mother's Market)
Baja B-fast Burrito Fillers-
- Black beans
- Sweet potato hash (Bake in over at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until tender enough to cut, cut in cubes and cook on stove in olive oil and seasonings until a little crispy)
- Pico de gallo
Mediterranean B-fast Burrito Fillers-
- Sautéed spinach
- Veggies like cucumber, tomato or sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and kalamata olives
- Cheese eaters- Use organic feta or goat cheese
There you have it, 3 amazingly healthy breakfast burritos to choose from!