It was time for me to restock my Matcha when I came across Your Tea’s new Matcha Tea Kit that came with 25 individually wrapped (talk about convenient) matcha packets, a bamboo whisk (I’ve never had a whisk and have always had to blend my powder in my Vitamix before making my matcha lattes, so this was very appealing to me), plus a handy matcha guide that shared health benefits and recipes, SCORE. The matcha was also organic, so I was quickly sold on this.
Matcha has been trendy for quite a few years now, and I don’t think it is going anywhere. It has a grassy, somewhat earthy flavor and adapts well with other flavors and spices. If you’re new to the matcha game or have been sipping on it for the health benefits, but aren’t very familiar with what the health benefits are exactly (you just know it's good for you), let me explain….
Matcha health benefits:
- Very HIGH in antioxidants (check out my blog a few posts back for the details on antioxidants) which help to support your immune system
- Has the potent, cancer-fighting antioxidant EGCg and has over 100 times more EGCg than any other tea out there
- Has chlorophyll which helps detox the body by cleansing the blood and removing toxins from the bod
- Aids in weight loss by speeding up the metabolism and helping the body burn fat
- Provides mental clarity and energy without the negative side effects that one would get from coffee like hypertension and the jitters
- Loaded with nutrients like Vitamin A and C, Potassium, Protein, Calcium, and Iron
One of my favorite ways to have matcha is in a traditional matcha latte made with almond or coconut milk and lots of cinnamon and some raw honey. This is a great alternative to coffee that will really get you going in the morning. Another favorite way is whipped up in a smoothie, sometimes I add it to my Green Energy Smoothie (post to come on that) and other times I add it to a sweeter smoothie recipe. Did I mention cinnamon pairs REALLY nicely with matcha?! A NEW favorite way to have it is blended up in this Matcha Maca Cashew-shake. It tastes so creamy with a little kick. I was also really impressed by the flavor of the Your Tea Matcha Powder, just the right amount of grassy-earthiness that didn’t over-power the smoothie, but instead complimented it rather nicely.
Matcha Maca Cashew-shake Recipe:
1 cup cashew milk
1 frozen banana (plus a few ice-cubes)
1 cup organic spinach
1 packet of Your Tea matcha powder
1 tbsp. maca powder
1 tbsp. cashew butter
1 tbsp. flax seeds
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
Blend and top with unsweetened coconut shreds and a few dashes of cinnamon.
Whether you’ve already jumped on the Matcha-train, or are still new to the Matcha-world the Your Tea Matcha Kit is super handy. Like I said, I never had a whisk before and love that the matcha comes in individual serving size packets, plus I’m stoked to try some of the recipes the Your Tea matcha booklet offers like: Banana Matcha Pancakes and Matcha Protein Balls. Share your favorite matcha recipe with me below and I hope you make and ENJOY the cashew-shake! xx